The check-out receptionist/treatment coordinator is responsible for greeting patients as they check-out and offer them friendly and prompt assistance while coordinating the patients care. At check out, the follow up appointment is scheduled once the treatment plan has been reviewed and presented to the parents to discuss any finical responsibilities. Check out/treatment coordinators play a vital role in a dental office. In addition to their skills in understanding the ins and outs of dental insurances and dental codes, they must know how to communicate the value of each treatment plan to patients and parents.
Other duties responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones promptly and professionally
- Providing correct documentation on referrals
- Scheduling appointments to optimize provider and staff schedules
- Verifying insurance coverage
- Discussing treatment options and financial responsibilities with parents