A dental hygienist’s responsibilities include screening patients as they arrive, educating patients and parents about their diet and how it impacts their oral health, teaching how to properly brush and floss, and providing a cleaning of the teeth and gums as well as removing plaque.
Other duties responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking and developing X-rays
- Sterilizing instruments
- Supporting the Dentist during the exam and sometimes for minor procedures
- Updating and maintaining patient dental records in Dentrix Software system
- Schedule patient appointments
- Advising parents/patients on ways to better improve oral hygiene
- Advancement Opportunity:
Pending review and evaluation, supervising dentist may provide tuition assistance for infiltration classes.