The receptionist plays one of the most important roles in the office, they are the first face welcoming patients. The receptionist’s enthusiasm can comfort patients by being welcoming to help console their anxieties and fears. As they will work closely with other staff members to notify of patients’ arrivals and sharing in other job responsibilities.
Other duties responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Answering the phones promptly and professionally
- Scheduling appointments to optimize the provider and staff’s schedules
- Notifying staff of patient arrivals
- Verifying financial records and collecting copays due
- Keeping up with patient records within Dentrix
- Advancement Opportunity:
Opportunity for promotion to other departments, pending review and evaluation.